Hildafolk

Hildafolk is my debut comic book from Nobrow Press. It’s 24 pages long and follows Hilda through an eventful day in which she wanders the Scandinavian wilderness she calls her home, draws some rocks, hangs out with The Wood Man and has a chance encounter with a troll. It’s essentially a brief introduction to a character and world I’m intending to expand on and explore in the future.

If you pick up a copy be sure to send me an email or leave a comment and let me know what you thought.

You can get your copy here!

Buy Hildafolk

This entry was posted in comics. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Hildafolk

1. Art Baxter says:

Hey Luke-
    I picked up a copy of HILDAFOLK at the Picturebox table at the Brooklyn Comics Fest here in the US and wanted to let you know I enjoyed the hell out of it! It was a lot of fun and I had a great time reading it. Looking forward to more of your work in the future.

2. TOMEK says:

I received the HILDAFOLK last week from Nobrow.
    I could say it was my top choice from their series.
    It's just amazing. You make excellent work, drawing and script.
    Keep going like this Luke!
    Cheers

3. ahurie says:

I bought it, I haven't read it yet but the colours are AWESOME.

4. Sammy Borras says:

:) I bought a copy at Angouleme. its a VERY beautiful comic. Really inspiring too – especially the use of limited colour. looking forward to reading more.

5. Peteman says:

Very nice illustration!!! Great use of colour!!

6. Ellie says:

Found Hildafolk on a table in a bookstore in Melbourne, Australia.
    I think it’s perfect. I want to say more but I can’t because everything that can be said is said.
    Thank you for making it.

7. Cath says:

I bought Hildafolk at the Birmingham Zinefest yesterday…it is bloomin’ marvellous! I love the colours, story, even how the paper smells! More more more Hildafolk please!

8. Нина says:

I bought it today from a shop called Pussy in Brighton. I love it, Hildafolk lives my dream life.

9. Thomas says:

it’s an amazing work. Your colors are inspiring.

10. Christian says:

I just bought this book today and read it with my 3.5yr old daughter who is now a very serious Hilda fan. We both love it, and it’s a big step away from the usual kids books she’s read. Great work, keep it coming.

11. Pingback: “Comics are trash” and other lessons from TCAF 2012 | Comic Book Junkie

12. Pingback: Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast » Blog Archive » What I’m Doing at Kirkus Today,Plus What I Did Last Week, Featuring:Janik Coat, Blexbolex, Luke Pearson,Bjorn Rune Lie (& Friends),Micah Lidberg, and Ping Zhu

13. Pingback: Kids Read Comics! | comicbookGRRRL

14. Dave says:

My girlfriend bought me a copy for christmas, and it’s a stunning piece of art. I’ve just spent the past hour on your site – I love your work!

15. jep says:

Hi Luke – I picked up Hildafolk at TCAF this year and loved it. You’ve really captured something about childhood imagination, and the drawings are brilliant. Completely inspiring. Cheers.

16. Pingback: Comic Books: Paul Pope’s Battling Boy looks great. | Fistful of Dave

17. Jennie says:

Hi there! Our friends gave us this book for our daughter who is two and a half years old. She absolutely loves it and we love reading it to her. Although it’s not a traditional bedtime story our daughter has requested it before bed every night for the last two weeks. We’re planning on picking up some more to add to the library!

18. Rebecca says:

My 13 year old daughter passed this to me to read and I love it! Utterly charming, packed with imagination, whimsy and the true feeling of the spirit of an imaginative young girl. Reminds me of my daughter and the childhood we would wish for all of our children. Also love the drawings and the details on every page-anun derstated richness of a fantasy world overflowing into the humdrum of daily life. Even the end paper is a work of art. Want more!